Do you have a passion for beauty? Want a rewarding career that ignites your creativity, lets you interact with people, and gives you the freedom to make your own schedule? A career in hairstyling is for you!
The Gina’s College Advantage
Gina’s College is a leader in the beauty industry with over 30 years of experience graduating top professionals. Our innovative and well-rounded hairstyling program, brings the industry expertise, exceptional professionalism, and a hands-on style that has become the Gina’s College trademark. With passionate instructors sourced from the industry and state of the art facilities, our students learn advanced hair artistry through a combination of practical work, guest speakers and exciting projects.
Comprehensive Knowledge + Practical Experience
As a leader in progressive techniques and products, we teach a cutting-edge curriculum using interactive and multimedia training - making the information fun and accessible. With a strong focus on practical skills, you will gain experience working on real clients in our sleek and modern salon. By the time you graduate, you will have developed professional and business expertise working in a positive, high end salon setting.
Highlights of our program include: professional photoshoot, creative bridal project, social media and marketing training, professional development, entrepreneurship, and access to the top brands and tools throughout your time in the program.
Our signature communication series develops the outstanding customer service and teamwork skills that allow our graduates to excel in the industry. When you graduate, you will be well-prepared for a successful career and ready to thrive in this creative and rewarding industry.
Schedule a campus tour of our facilities to learn more about our high placement rate and the many career possibilities available in hairstyling.
- Fundamental Skills of Hairstyling: Cultivate a solid understanding of fundamental skills and theory, learning the principles of hair design while beginning to develop your creative eye.
- Advanced Hair Artistry: This is where you will learn to develop your creativity! Our foundational system of hair cutting and colouring allows you to go beyond basic cuts and colour techniques to create personalized, fashionable looks for any client.
- Salon Management: This is where it all comes together as you gain practical experience working in our salon on clients from the public. The Gina’s College Signature Holistic Communication Series develops the outstanding customer service and teamwork skills that will allow our graduates to excel in the industry.
Some Highlights of the Program:
- Client services - Develop your ability to listen and consult with your client for superior customer service
- Advanced Hair Cutting - learn the latest techniques and trends from long hair to barbering and everything in between
- Style Hair - blow drying, curling, straightening, braiding, upstyling, finishing, setting and more
- Chemical services - permanently change the structure of the hair to smooth, straighten or create curl
- Colour and lighten - full colour, highlight techniques, ombre, retouches, colour balancing, shine enhancement, colour correction, advanced techniques
- Hair Additions - gain exposure to wigs and extensions
- Exciting hands on projects and learning opportunities:
- Bridal project
- Professional photoshoot
- Competition and stage work
- Entrepreneurial skills and social media marketing - develop your business and marketing skills and learn what you need to run your own business
- Gina’s Holistic Communication series - develop your professional presence and practices so you can stand out in the workplace
Our beautiful facilities offer students a sleek and modern setting, so that they gain real experience in a high end salon. We offer our students the latest and best equipment, including free-standing ergonomic sinks from Italy, custom-made work stations, and a large salon lit with natural light. Our students use the industry’s top products in their kits and work with up to date booking software.
Our students have the unique opportunity to network and gain knowledge and support from Schwartzkopf’s international training community. Top global stylists from around the world share their expertise to the Gina’s College community – through specialized training programs, events, and training on the latest trends and runway looks. Our top students have the opportunity to be awarded scholarship and additional training opportunities.
How to become a Licensed Hairstylists
To become a hairstylists and be licensed in Ontario one must complete the 1,500 hours. Gina’s College Hairstyling program consists of 1500 hours and after successfully completing the 1,500 hours program one must also complete an in salon 2,000 hour apprenticeship.
After the completion of the apprenticeship a written exam is required to be passed in order to receive your Hairstylist licence.
At the beginning of your employment to ensure that the hours worked will be recognized as part of your 2000 hours of in-salon apprenticeship you are required to register with the nearest Apprenticeship Office
For more information regarding the apprenticeship program please visit: